Friday, December 18, 2020

Another Christmas Finish

     This week I finished one last Christmas project. Several designers currently have tree quilt projects online. I wanted to make one but decided to check out which holiday projects I already had the pattern for. In the past I had downloaded the Dancing Garland wall-hanging pattern. ( You can still get the free pattern here.) It is a level above most.  After cutting all the squares and making all the HST units, I laid out all the HST units first to form the star and the garland.


Next I filled in all the squares and started piecing rows. Here it is finished.


The tree could be embellished with mini ornaments.

      Since I don't expect company for the holidays, I may have time to quilt so I sandwiched 2 comfort quilts. I need some quilt motif inspiration for this modern one.  Any suggestions?


I'm linking up for Whoop,Whoop Friday

Stay safe and healthy to enjoy the holiday season.

                                     Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. Your tree is great, looks like an easy pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt finish! Why not mimic the curve of the stamp fabric. Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree turned out really cute! FMQ motif....how about a Baptist Fan motif for a good old fashion comfort quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new tree quilt. Very nice.my suggestion for quilting is some fun loops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree is wonderful. Not that I have room for another tree to hang.

    ReplyDelete