Thursday, December 24, 2020

Gingerbread House Day

     I have loved gingerbread houses for many years and when my granddaughters were very young, I started the tradition of spending time with them to decorate gingerbread houses. Over the years we have decorated purchased house kits, houses made with graham crackers and for several years, small houses that I bake parts and put together. Here are pictures from this years afternoon of fun.


Their decorating is getting more elaborate and detailed.



Lily also had time to decorate a few cookies.


       Another Christmas tradition is for them to decorate a fabric square. A few years ago I started making placemats with their squares. You can see of the completed placemats in a recent past post. Here is Mattie's square for this year.


      Yesterday was the 10th  anniversary for my writing this blog. For me it is a wonderful record of my quilting and sewing projects as well as time with family, friends and students. I hope to continue sharing my fun with sewing and quilting as well as other happenings.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


2 comments:

  1. What great traditions. and those houses are amazing!! they have a lot of talent!!!!

    ReplyDelete