Sunday, January 24, 2021

Goals for the Week

      For the first 3 weeks of this year I have accomplished most of my goals. I am hopeful I will make a huge dent in my UFOs and use lots of stash fabric this year.

How I did on the past week's goals --

1. Finish quilting and bind my Easy Breezy quilt. Done. I shared Friday

Also pull fabrics and make the first 2 blocks of Pat Sloan's “Home Is”. First 3 made.

2. Sort and trim cream based neutral fabrics. Sorry these are still waiting. I used mostly red and pink scraps but not the neutrals.

3. Piece a few maple leaf blocks. One made.


4. Record stash fabric used or added.

Used: 10.3 yds for quilt backing and placemats

Added: 0

5. Clean out another drawer in the house. Recycle or re-home items that I will not use this year. Done. The drawer I worked on is much cleaner and organized; however, I still have to find a home for a pile of photos that were in the drawer.

     My younger GD requested 2 face masks for AG dolls. When I told her I could make them, her response was, “Now they can go back to school face to face.” She and her sister love to play school with the dolls.

     Thursday I started 4 Valentine placemats which I finished quickly. The first quilting in a pink variegated thread echoed the hearts and stitched down the word LOVE. Next I FMQ meandering hearts in hot pink thread. 

Goals for the week of January 25th

1. Sandwich and start quilting “Wickedly Easy” day bed quilt.

2. Sort and trim cream based neutral fabrics.

3. Piece a few maple leaf blocks.

4. Record stash fabric used or added.

5. Clean out another drawer in the house. Recycle or re-home items that I will not use this year.

     I have a handful of hearts with fusible web as leftovers so probably Valentine mug rugs will be made.

How are you doing on goals for yourself?

Hope you stay safe and healthy so you can enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment