Friday, January 10, 2020

Starting off 2020


    As the new year began I took time to make a list of projects I want to complete. It is a mix with some WIP (works in progress), a few are long time UFOs, a couple of dream quilts, and some charity/comfort quilts and QOV (quilts of valor). I have 20 quilts so far on my list. There will surely be some added and some pushed on to the back burner but at least I have a guide for the year.

     Wednesday at church sew day, I sandwiched a top for quilting and gathered backing pieces for a child's comfort quilt. At home I decided to catch up on piecing for the Seeing Stars Sew Along. I like Diane's concept of piecing panels made from a variety of blocks.  


You make the number of panels for the size quilt you want. I am working on a twin size quilt which needs 12 panels. Thursday I finished piecing the geese units for step 5. She gives you options, but I did not get creative for this step and only made geese units.



     Next I pulled units of a WIP and this is how far I got yesterday. About half the big blocks were left over from my Rainbow Scrap quilts year before last. Instead of making a lap quilt, I made some more blocks so they will make a full size bed quilt with borders. The first border will finish the stars.  

Have a great weekend and maybe enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

I have linked up with Whoop Whoop Friday so stop by and see what others are doing. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your Rainbow Stars. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on putting together a list! you are so organzied!! LOVE that Rainbow stars - wow - do those colors just pop - love it!!

    ReplyDelete