Sunday, January 26, 2020

This and That


     I'm not in my home sewing room this week so I am having to work on what I can. This corner is my little condo sewing space. 


     I searched through scraps on hand and pieced 4 large (18” finished) Have Faith blocks. I loved the quilt when Jamie shared her pattern for 12” blocks on Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog. You can find the original pattern by Jamie Elfert, who blogs at L’FairQuilts.   I made one comfort quilt and decided to try one with larger blocks. Here are 4 blocks.


I don't think this quilt is on my list for 2020. (I need to put my list on my computer and try to stick with the plan.) I need at least 7 more blocks for a good size comfort quilt.

     Still wanting to sew, I pulled out a kit I cut a couple of years ago for a sampler quilt and finished piecing the 12 blocks. 

 Not sure whether I will add more blocks or how I will put them in a quilt. I don't have any more of the light yellow but would like more blocks with the light green. This project is not on my list for 2020; however, I just wanted something to piece.

     Carole of From My Carolina Home blog has started another of her mystery quilts. I have enjoyed a few and think some of you will. She offers the pattern in a variety of sizes from small to large so you can choose. 
https://frommycarolinahome.com/2020/01/17/scrap-dance-mystery-2020-the-twist/

The 2020Scrap Dance Mystery – The Twist will post the third Friday of each month for 7 months, then reveal in August.

Have a great week and enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment