Friday, January 17, 2020

A Finish Then Some Clearing


    Here is my first finish for 2020. The top was pieced a couple of months ago from scraps. 

For the quilting I wanted a watery motif. This is the first time I have done this motif and not sure how watery it looks.


    On my list of projects for 2020 is a quilt top pieced 7 years ago as a local guild bee mystery. I decided it would be a priority to finish. Years ago I did not quilt it because I did not think my machine quilting was good enough. Now I am more confident with my free-motion quilting. I plan to quilt free-form feathers in the large border. This is the top.

    I spent a couple of days clearing off my craft table of scraps so that I can prepare for marking and basting. It is not often that it is so clear. While cleaning I also finished a baby growth chart from a panel that has been waiting around for years. It will probably be a gift.

Have a great weekend and maybe enjoy some time sewing and quilting. 
I'm linking up with Finished or Not Friday with Alycia Quilts.  Hope you check it out to see what others are doing. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! Good luck with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the first finish!! It looks great - and the one that is coming up - wow -t hat one will be a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete