Monday, December 30, 2019

Last Finish of 2019 – Looking Forward for 2020


     I finished quilting and binding the last giant rainbow star quilt. If it looks familiar that is because using Leah Day's construction plan creates the HSTs for 2 rainbow quilts. Check out my tutorial if you want to make 2. 

I quilted a different mofit in each color diamond and 

Angela Walters flower motif in the background. 
I got tired of quilting it but made it to the end.  I will probably not use it again background even though it creates and interesting texture.

      As I review the year's quilting projects, I finished 22 and worked on parts of a few more. Five were given to charity organizations and 11 for church comfort quilts. Four were gifted to family and friends which leaves 2 added to my supply at home.
No other projects are close to being finished in 2019 such as the leader/ender Jewel Box quilt in progress.

I still have one UFO that has been a finished top for at least 7 years. It will be a priority to quilt in 2020. A couple of QOVs have been requested and I want to make them. The rest of my list for 2020 is still developing.  If I look very hard, I'm sure I will find several WIPs that have been hidden away.  Several projects in progress have adopted blocks and one the whole kit. I plan to work on some but they will not be a priority.

Hope you are happy with what you accomplished in 2019 and look forward to a creative 2020.
Have a Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. That's a beauty! All the variety of motifs makes for wonderful texture. A big finish for the year. Have a Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete