Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Moving from Thanks to Advent


      As I put away some of the fall Thanksgiving décor and prepared for Christmas decorating, I thought it was good timing to put the Thanksgiving holiday just before the Christmas season. It is a good transition of remembering all for which we have to be thankful to preparing for the celebration of the birth of Jesus at Christmas.
We enjoyed beautiful weather here for Thanksgiving Day and I was blessed to enjoy it with a couple of friends and one son. I have much to be thankful for. My leg is healing well and I have been able to spend time at the sewing machine and cutting mat. No quilting yet.
     I worked on Jewel Box Star blocks. 14 blocks are finished and more 4 patches have been pieced.



I plan to make 80 blocks for an 8 by 10 setting twin size quilt. I pulled squares from my nickel stash for all the HST units needed.
The block was the 2018 leader/ender challenge block by Bonnie Hunter. You can find her free pattern here.


    The weather continues to be cool and lovely. I cut units for step 3 of the Seeing StarsSew Along and now the quarter square triangle units are finished.


     I am enjoying my cacti blooms in my garden window. Three colors all blooming at once is beautiful.


     As we move toward Christmas, I continue to be thankful for my many blessings and look forward to spending time with family and friends. Hopefully there will also be time to enjoy some sewing and quilting without stressing on finishing projects.

Wishing you all the joy of the wonderful holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment