Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Enjoying the Holiday Season – Mostly


     Not a lot of sewing or quilting has taken place in the past week because I was enjoying time with family. The granddaughters and I spent an afternoon decorating small gingerbread houses as is our annual tradition.

 

    
       


I also went along for their visit with Santa.

Will cooked a great lunch and we celebrated out Christmas Sunday.  

     Monday I arrived back home to find that the deluge of rain had caused problems and I spent several hours of worry until it was resolved.  I am especially thankful for quick responding plumber who installed a new sump pump.

    This morning I was able to relax and actually finish the quilting and binding on this comfort quilt that was started before knee surgery so it was delayed by more than one issue.  I used a poly batting with some loft so it does not lay very flat. 

I chose red binding because I thought it went well with the front and backing.
This may be my last finish for 2019.

Hope you enjoy some special time with friends and family for the holiday season.     Merry Christmas !


1 comment:

  1. Such lovely granddaughters and their beautiful smiles say it all. Love the floral backing and yes it looks perfect with the red binding.
    Wishing you lots of creativity, joy and peace in the new year.

    ReplyDelete