Thursday, March 28, 2019

Lots of Sewing and Quilting Time


     Our spring weather has been cooler this week so most has been spent indoors with much accomplished in my sewing room.  My “Sunshine on a Cloudy Day” quilt top is sandwiched and quilting has started. 
 

The free pattern is from Sarah at Confessionsof a Fabric Addict blog and is one of her Rocking Rectangles designs.

     I finished the kids comfort quilt made from a fabric book panel.  This was a quick quilt.


     I added borders to the 4 Patch Swirl so it is a finished queen size top.  I’m happy to get it this far since it was started about 2007.  It is too large to get a great photo without more time.  I have pulled a couple of fabrics from my stash for possible backing but may look more. 


     On my design wall I have blocks for a church group comfort quilt.  The 16 patches were orphans donated by someone.  There are only a few more seams to be sewn.  I laid it out Wednesday but decided it needed more variety of neutral squares and cut more.  
 
      The past few weeks I have been helping with the children's program after our church Wednesday night supper.  Last week I was so inspired by the craft project they started, I came home and made one.  It is a cross out of old clothespins.  Then I found some mini ones at the Dollar Tree store and made the tiny one.  I love them.  The kids seemed to enjoy the project also. 


Enjoy time sewing or quilting.

I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday.  For fun and inspiration check out what others are working on. 

2 comments:

  1. So much good stuff! I love the storybook panel for a cuddle quilt. That will make it extra special for the child who receives it. And your four patch swirl is so cool -- I wish you'd given us some close ups of that one as well so I could see the block design and fabrics better. Congrats on that long awaited finish -- don't you feel like you should look out the window and see a parade when you finally reach the end of. project you started so long ago? :-). Finally those clothespin crosses -- I especially like how worn and rugged the one made of old clothes pins looks. What kind of glue holds them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clothes pin crosses are pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete