Friday, April 5, 2019

Hands2Help Finish and Lots in Progress

    I have finished a twin size quilt using the “Sunshine on a Cloudy Day” free pattern from Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog which is one of her Rocking Rectangles designs. I love how easy it was and plan to use the pattern again.



     Most of my recent piecing has been comfort quilt focused.  Two comfort quilt tops are pieced and waiting for borders.  The 16 patches were orphans donated by someone. I would be happy without a border; however, several friends think it would look better with a dark blue border.
  A border would make it a better size for an adult.  There is another set of 6 16-patch blocks leftover for another project.  

    Next the leaf blocks were adopted after a block exchange. (This is the second quilt from the adopted leaf blocks.  The first was more floral. Here is the link for the first.) I added strips on 2 sides half log cabin style then more strips as sashing.  The result is it looks more improv. I plan to add simple borders.


    I also pulled out these blocks made from gifted HSTs.

I had enough to piece 20 blocks that finish at 8”.  Since the blocks are small, it needs sashing or something to increase size.  I am planning an on-point layout if I make a few alternate blocks; however, I am open to other ideas.  Any suggestions for alternate blocks for another color to use?

Enjoy time sewing or quilting.
I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday. Join in to be inspired. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilts from those adopted blocks! I like the green rectangles, too. For your hst blocks, how about single chain blocks in yellow? Good luck finishing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh those are all great! I really like the 16 patch stars one - how it is offset! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete