Friday, April 19, 2019

Preparing for Easter Company


    This week I have been cleaning house and a big part of that was dealing with fabric scraps. 


I sorted scraps into strings, larger scraps that need cutting up and small bits that will be used for crumb piecing or “made-fabric”.  I think I could probably make quilt tops for a year just using scraps. I still have this large box to deal with. 


    I pulled flannel scraps to make this baby quilt for Jack’s Basket
charity which is one of 5 that Sarah is highlighting for the Hands2Help drive. I decided to do pillowcase style with no binding which I think will make it softer.  Here it is pin basted for quilting which will be minimal wavy diagonal lines.


    I did work a little in my yard and several of my bearded iris are blooming now. We are expecting storms today, but I am hoping they will remain lovely for Easter.


     I love the little bunnies that LAPaylor of Not Afraid of Color made and was inspired.  I finished one 
and it is in my Easter basket. 


Enjoy time sewing or quilting if you are not out enjoying spring.
Happy Easter!

Check out what others are celebrating for Whoop Whoop Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar box of scraps (or two or three of them) in my sewing room. Love the flower pictures! It's a beautiful time of year.

    ReplyDelete