Friday, March 8, 2019

Making Progress


    I have made good progress on the 4 patch swirl from my UFO list.  Monday I used the design wall at church to layout blocks and plan the arrangement. When I looked at the photo I moved one block.


I have 4 rows pieced.

Before I can sew more together I need to finish piecing sashing star points.

    Instead of getting out in the yard to work on flower beds when the weather was nice, I spent a day trimming up scraps for my scrap system and a couple of leader/ender kits plus finishing the cutting to finish a quilt from class sample blocks. It feels good to clear out some.

I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday. Check out what others are working on. 
Enjoy time sewing or quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Love your change up from the usual layout. The swirls drive me crazy to look at....much like one block wonders---so I enjoy this variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a gorgeous quilt! There are so many things to love bout it, including how you made little 9-patch blocks for the center of the stars and how some stars are red and some yellow. I can't tell for sure from the photo but I think all the flower blocks are pieced, too. It will be an amazing quilt when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete