Friday, March 1, 2019

A February Finish


    Just in time for the end of the month the rainbow star and brick quilt from my UFO list is finished; blocks were made in 2017.  

It does not look the best in this photo (It could stand to be blocked slightly) because I needed to put it in the wash to get out some water soluble marker dots which I put in the center of the stars. I used a cheaper brand of blue marker and it did not come out as easily as the one I have used in the past.

    I am working on the 4 patch swirl from my UFO list; half of the blocks were pieced in 2007. This is my oldest UFO. I have pieced 9 patch cornerstones and am working on sashing star points. Here is a little preview.


    As spring arrives I hope to get out in my yard to work on flower beds. The weather has been confusing the plants; we are expecting 29 degrees in a couple of days.  Here is an early bloom that I hope will survive the freeze.


 I'm sharing on Whoop Whoop Friday.  Check out what others are working on. 
Enjoy time sewing or quilting. 

5 comments:

  1. i love your colorful, happy Rainbow Scrap Challenge star quilt. Congratulations on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow blocks turned into a beautiful quilt! Well worth the work from last year. I love seeing how it all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love that rainbow stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your star quilt is beautiful! I love the bright colors. Love the preview of your latest quilt, too. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete