Friday, February 22, 2019

Child's Comfort Quilt Finish

     A year or so ago I brought home from guild comfort quilt sew day an orphan block and some matching fabric.  When I was organizing recently I pulled it out and decided to use it.  Here is the finished quilt.  
    The first block in the second row is the block I brought home which is a disappearing 4 patch.  That started me thinking "disappearing" blocks like disappearing pinwheel and disappearing hour glass from Missouri Star Quilts.  I made a few but they are not my favorite technique because of all the bias edges and finished block size.  I finally just started creating with the scraps. I normally don't make square quilts but I did not have enough of the fabric to make 3 more blocks.
Now to more quilting on the rainy Friday.  Hope you stay in and enjoy some quilting time. 


1 comment:

  1. Very nice use of assorted components! I recently tried out a disappearing block from a new book, Turnabout Patchwork. Mine had those edges you speak of, so I quickly realized how important accuracy and diligence from start to finish becomes with those types of blocks. I had sewn together strips for mine and having the edges uneven bit me in the end. Next time I think I'll do them as a big strip set and then crosscut them. Here's what I'm referring to: http://www.quiltingmod.com/2019/02/turnabout-patchwork.html. I have big aspirations of making a small quilt, but only completed one block so far. I need to gather up my nerves and accuracy first. Perhaps I should arm myself with some starch for good measure...

    ReplyDelete