Friday, February 1, 2019

Hurricane Project Quilt Finish


      My church quilt group has been working on another quilt for a hurricane victim in Wilmington, NC.  Many of us pieced blocks; we chose the layout with the help of EQ.  Then 2 members laid out blocks and started sewing.  I added the border and pieced the back.  A week ago Wednesday we got it sandwiched for me to quilt.  I took this photo after trimming. 

I have passed the quilt and binding on for the last step but I’m counting it as a finish.  I’m proud to say this is the second quilt donated by my church group for this cause.
           
You can find out more about the project at From My CarolinaHome 

    Yesterday afternoon I sorted scraps and hope to pull a UFO to work on.
Enjoy some time sewing or quilting


2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! Love the varied setting you used. Good job here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt which I'm sure will be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete