Friday, January 25, 2019

A Finish After 3 Washes


     I spent a couple of days doing free-motion quilting on my modern star comfort quilt for my church group.  I love quilting free-form feathers so quilted them in the background.  Here are couple of photos after the first stage of quilting. 


Next I decided to echo and quilt the background with a lighter thread to show off the feathers more. 



Here is the whole quilt finished.


      After quilting, I put it in the wash.  After the first wash, I noticed some dye runs onto the background so I put it in again with a Color Catcher sheet and Oxi Clean.  I always prewash my fabric; however, for donated fabric sometimes fabric doesn’t get prewashed. There was still excess dye a good bit excess dye after the 2nd wash so I put the quilt in the wash again with another Color Catcher sheet and Oxi Clean to soak.  This photo shows the CC sheet from the 2nd and 3rd washes. 
I hope that will be enough. 

Enjoy some time sewing or quilting.
I'm linking up with Can I Get Whoop Whoop?   Check out what others are doing.


5 comments: