Thursday, January 10, 2019

Quilt Tops Are Stacking Up


     Monday my church quilt group met to do the craft sewing project of making an airplane carry-on duffle.  We came with our pieces already cut out and worked all day to construct.  I shared how to change the pattern a little by adding accent pieces.  Here 3 of us are with our finished bags.  I love them.  At least one thing is finished.


     Recently I have been using scraps to make fabric mostly of blue and green.  I decided to use the pieces to make a large star quilt.  This top is sandwiched and ready for quilting.


     Wednesday my church quilt group met.  We are working on a second quilt to be donated to a family in Willington, NC affected by the hurricane. You can find out more about the project at
https://frommycarolinahome.com/2019/01/06/carolina-hurricane-quilt-project-2/
  
Many of us worked last month to make blocks, as a group we chose a layout and a couple started sewing rows together. The center is pieced. I love the layout. 

I will add a simple border and quilt it.  

     In recent days I added borders to my Rainbow Stars and Bricks so it is a top.  I need to piece a backing and it will be ready to sandwich, but that will wait until the others are quilted.


These cooler days will be a great time to sew.  Enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a striking layout for the quilt your church group is making! Your other two quilts are beautiful as well. Blue+green is always a winner, in my opinion, and it looks great in the big star quilt.

    ReplyDelete