Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Goals for 2019



       I hope your new year is off to a fabulous start.  

       It is here whether we are ready or not.  In the past few years, fabric and projects have TAKEN OVER my home.  My major goal for this year is to get it all under control and clear out “stuff” from a career of teaching and life.

Here are some of my sewing/quilting goals for 2019...

1 – Organize my quilting scraps and use them. ( I love crumb piecing and made-fabric.  I just need to organize better.)

2 – Finish many on my UFO Focus List. (Five are left over from 2018 list but I made good progress on 2 of those.)

3 – Finish 2 wall-hanging quilt kits I have. (These will probably be donated after finishing.)

4 - Make quilts for my church quilt ministry and local children’s hospital. (This is the easiest to spend time on. I will try not to let this overtake other goals.)

5 – Use a significant amount of my clothing stash fabric to make outfits for granddaughters, great nieces or for donation.

     
2019 UFO Focus List

1.  Rainbow star and brick quilt - started 2017, center together, needs border 


2.  Four Patch Swirl ( stack ‘n whack blocks) - started 2007, 60 blocks made, sashing and layout planned
3.  Blue and white Day Bee Mystery - started 2012, top together

4.  Made-fabric hexagon improv quilt- started 2014, add borders

5.  Gypsy Wife type quilt from orphan blocks – started 2015
6.  Bright Strings top – 2018

7.  Wickedly Easy quilt for day bed- 2018, blocks
8.  Make more Christmas placemats using children’s drawings – 2010-2018



 Wishing all a great day and a healthy Happy New Year with lots of fun sewing time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, good luck with your goals. I really like your Made-fabric hexagon improv quilt. Do you have a blog post on it?

    ReplyDelete