Monday, December 31, 2018

Review of 2018 Quilting


     As I look back at projects I worked on and finished this year, I am satisfied.  I believe making my focus list for the year helped me finish more UFOs even though all on the list were not finished.  Seven of 12 were finished and good progress was made on 2 more UFOs.  Along with those on the list, I made and gave 3 baby quilt gifts and a long quilted buffet runner.  Following Angela Walters’ first FM Quilt Along I finished a lap quilt which I have yet to give away.  She is starting a new quilt along with a new technique you can check out on YouTube.
   More quilting was accomplished to finish and donate 3 quilts for the local children’s hospital and 9 to my church quilt group plus 4 quilted duffle bags, placemats, numerous mug rugs and even 5 costume squirrel tails. I had the perfect amount of brown long fake fur in my stash and it was great to use it. Sorry I did not get a photo from the show with children in costume. 
    
More sewing this year included dresses for granddaughters and doll outfits.

     Today I plan to sandwich my “Have Faith” top. Sarah shared Jamie’s pattern on her blog here.     

 Later in the day I plan to consider my many remaining UFOs and make my focus list for 2019.

Wishing all a blessed Happy New Year with some fun time to sew and quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment