Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Holiday Sewing


     My UFOs have been sitting while I have been inspired to work on holiday themed small projects for gifts.  Wish I could get inspired to make them earlier in the year.  I have enjoyed making a few.
     I used Julie’s Holiday Mug Rug Tutorial to make a couple using scraps. I did change mine  some.  Instead of sewing on a binding, I folded the back over to the front for a binding.


I appliqued a snowman face onto 2 kitchen towels.


I thought he was so cute I made 2 mug rugs with the same snowman face.


Next I shrank the snowman from the Imagine pattern by Art to Heart.  I love this snowman and made 2 mug rugs.


    Some years ago I made some quilted postcards with silk poinsettias.  I decided to use some flowers still in my stash and made a couple more mug rugs.  I hope they will hold up to washing.  I did test a flower in the sink.


     When my sons were young, I had them draw a Christmas picture each year on our holiday table cloth with fabric crayons.  When my granddaughters came along, each year I have had them draw a holiday picture with fabric markers on fabric squares stabilized on freezer paper.  I have been considering what to make with them.  This year I finally started making placemats.  I chose 2 drawings for each and used a variety of holiday fabrics.  This is just the start.





Hope you are enjoying the season.  Happy Holidays!
I'm linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog. Hope you check out what others are doing.  I find it inspiring. 

2 comments:

  1. Kids artwork in quilts? AWESOME memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowmen - very festive and cheery -and also the idea of getting the children in the family to do Christmas drawings that you can then transfer to fabric. That's so clever I may have to copy you!

    ReplyDelete