Monday, September 12, 2022

Weekly Goals

   The past week was busy with several quilt projects, however, very productive. There were a couple of finishes plus work on all my goals. Before I could sandwich Halloween quilt tops, I needed to clean off my cutting table so I used that as an opportunity to cut up and sort the scraps that had been piled there. Friday I shared my finished “Brunhilda” wall-hanging. She is a favorite. Saturday I finished the “Boo Crew” wall-hanging from Fat Quarter Shop. 

 Here is a close-up of some FM quilting.

    Progress was made on other projects. I made a few more geese for the adopted project to have the needed 162 geese for an adult size lap quilt.

    A friend encouraged me to join her for Pat Sloan's Block Wednesday “Hometown Charms” quilt that has started. I did not buy any fabric but pulled a fat quarter bundle that had been gifted to me as well as the background fabric. I also pulled a few pieces from my stash.  Even though only a small portion of it was used the first week, I included the fabric yardage in my added and used stash count as it is designated for this project. 

 I am not totally happy with my color choices for the first block but hope as more blocks are added that it will come together. Here is my first block.

    Last year I bought the “Fall Memories” pattern and kit from Laundry Basket Quilts. I gave that wall-hanging to my DIL. Then I wanted to make one for myself or someone else using my batik stash. I had trouble finding something I liked for the border. I finally bought a yard. Sunday evening I made a great start on all the applique for the new one.


Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 9.5 yds Added: 6 yds
    So far this year- Used: 124.625 yds Added: 41.75 yd
    Net decrease 89.875 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Start piecing the columns of geese.
2. Finalize freezer paper pattern for Celtic Fantasy quilt
3. Work on “Fall Memories” wall-hanging
4. Use AccuQuilt dies to cut scrap fabric

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment