Monday, September 26, 2022

End of September Progress

    With cooler weather I hope to get out in the yard and prepare flower beds before winter; however, the past week was very productive for quilt projects.  I hope to continue the momentum until the end of the month.  After church supper Wednesday we had a great beginner class with two enthusiastic students. This Wednesday will be the third class. I plan to demo squaring a quilted top and machine sewing binding. All the prep work is done.

    On other goals I have made great progress. You can see some on my design wall. 


 I have 3 columns of geese pieced. I am caught up with Pat Sloan's Block of the Week for “Hometown Charms”. Not shown I finished all the stitch in the ditch quilting on the watercolor comfort quilt.

    Then I tackled the freezer paper pattern for the Celtic Fantasy quilt. The background templates are ready.  The templates are one-quarter of the quilt.  

Several sections still need an applique motif. The motif for others need to be customized more. It is a process. Tuesday I will check with my son to see if he approves of the motifs so far.  I have a selected palette of fabrics but am anxious about which fabrics for each area. I hope that will become clear.

Goals for this week:

1. Continue piecing the columns of geese.
2. Enjoy Grandparents Day with granddaughter
3. Work on dog costume for Halloween

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment