Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day Goals Update

 

   Things are quiet here. I don't have any special plans. I can't do my usual morning workout since the gym is closed for the holiday and it is a little rainy outside so no walking there. That means more time to make progress on sewing/quilting projects; but first any update on how projects progressed the past week.

    I began the week by finishing a couple of mug rugs, turned pillowcase style and quilted with walking foot.


Next I added to the cat quilt top a black border with white polka dots.


Then I quilted and bound the “Woven” comfort quilt. I shared pictures in Friday's Finished (or Not) post.

     My DIL loves to decorate for Halloween. In the past I have made placemats, a table runner and chair leg covers. Years ago someone gifted me an old Halloween wall-hanging pattern ( “Brunhilda” from Country Threads 1997). I pulled it out, shopped my stash for fabric and now it is a top. 

 My choice of fabrics gives it an updated feel. I am over half-way done stitching around the applique parts. That means I will have 2 Halloween wall-hangings to quilt very soon.

Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 5.625 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 115.125 yds Added: 35.75 yd
    Net decrease 80.375 yds

     Since I got sidetracked on the new Halloween wall-hanging, the only goal from last week that I accomplished was quilting the comfort quilt. This week I hope to do better and not start anything new.

Goals for this week:

1. Work on geese UFO.
2. Work on Celtic Fantasy quilt
3. Sandwich Halloween wall-hangings
4. Use AccuQuilt dies to cut scrap fabric

Enjoy the holiday.  Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment