Monday, August 22, 2022

Quilting Progress

     I let the morning slip by without posting as I got busy in the garden early and repotting some plants.  Now it is time to rest and sew.  

    While working toward my goals last week, I made progress on several quilt projects. I cut and prepared new bias binding for a friend's quilt. I have hand sewn 2 sides so far.


This is how I did -
1. Work on making new bias binding for a friend's quilt. - done 
2. Make composition book covers for granddaughters –2 made
3. Work on a UFO. -done

      I sorted part of a large box of scraps and pulled leftovers from a friend's wall-hanging project. They were the beginning of play to create a small quilt. After using most of the larger panel pieces and fabric strips, there were only a few pieces left. I decided I could use them as top and bottom borders and leave less leftover. Now it measures 50 by 61”. A little larger would be a better adult couch quilt so I plan to add another simple border but it will have to be different fabric.

      Next, I pulled an adopted UFO project of flying geese from an unknown quilter. The date on the paper directions says 1990. There are many geese sewn but not all can be used. I spent some time Sunday evening trimming and sorting. I have not counted yet. I will after I get them all trimmed but there is a big pile made. 

      I spent most of Tuesday afternoon cutting up smaller pieces from my green bin into 3 ½” by 6 ½” bricks for a kit. The “Stepper” kit will be for my church quilt group. The pattern is from Alycia Quilts.

Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 4 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 108.75 yds Added: 34.75 yd
      Net decrease 74 yds

Goals for this week are to finish the friend's binding and work on the UFO.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment