Monday, August 8, 2022

Goals and Some Progress

      Since I was out of town a lot of the past 2 weeks, I have been focused on piecing and not quilting. This week I hope to change that, however, before I get to my UFOs I have someone else's to deal with. Most of which I plan to share with my church quilt group so we can plan to use them.

     The 94 year old quilter's unfinished projects which were shared have been sorted. I have already finished 2 folded star potholders because all the pieces were ready. I have made them before so knew what to do. I plan to put them in the guild silent auction next month. They are old fabric colors but I hope someone will want them.


Progress last week:

1. finish UFOs
Worked more on someone else's than mine.

2. decrease stash fabric

I fell to temptation at the JoAnniversay sale of novelty prints 50% off on Saturday then Keepsake fabrics 50% off Sunday only. The 7.5 yds of fabric bought Sunday have a specific project use so I marked it as used too.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 8.5 yds Added: 10.5 yds
    So far this year- Used: 103.5 yds Added: 34.75 yds

3. control and use scrap fabric

I spent several hours using scraps to make crumb blocks and mug rugs.

4. make charity/comfort quilts

I pieced the blocks of “Jelly Roll Twist” (which is a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop). I used a charm square pack where the pattern uses a background fabric and I did not make as many blocks as the pattern. I plan to add borders to make it larger.


Goals for this week:
1. Sandwich a UFO and start quilting.
2. Sandwich quilt tops at church and start quilting one.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment