Monday, August 29, 2022

Progress and Goals

     I didn't set any specific goals for the past week; however, it always feels good to make progress on my goal for using my scraps. As leader/ender pieces for various sewing items I made a couple of green crumb blocks. I also spent one day sorting a large box of scraps. They are now more useable as I can easily find the color I want.

    The Boo Crew Mystery Quilt top is complete. I was able to shop my stash for most of the fabric needed. I was given the background fabric and did buy a yard of white with gray dots for the ghost.

The pattern in 4 parts is free from Fat Quarter Shop. It is cute but it is not a beginner pattern. The way the directions are written make it more complicated. There are numerous size pieces to be cut. On week 3 to make both the cauldron and cat you need to cut 29 different size units with multiples of most.

    The rest of the week I worked on several projects. I finished the hand sewing of the replacement scalloped binding on my friend's whole cloth quilt. Quilting a whole cloth quilt for myself is on my bucket list.


    I drafted the paper pattern for my younger son's Celtic Fantasy quilt which has been on his wish list for about 10 years. I am using the rhapsody quilt workbook by Ricky Tims.

It will involve all curve piecing and a lot of applique. If you interested to see a little of the type quilt it will be, you can watch this trailer on YouTube

    For church quilt group Jan shared Christmas printed squares that we will make into mug rugs. I sewed a border on 2.


Stash fabric used or added:

this past week- Used: 1.75 yds Added: 1 yds
So far this year- Used: 109.5 yds Added: 35.75 yd
Net decrease 74.75 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Work on geese UFO.
2. Work on Celtic Fantasy quilt
3. Use AccuQuilt dies to cut scrap fabric
4. Quilt comfort quilt for church

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment