Monday, June 21, 2021

Summer Takes Priority

      Working on my goals has taken a backseat for now. Over the past week I have spent so much time on yard, flower beds and vegetable garden trying to get them in shape for the hottest part of summer. It has been worthwhile because they are looking great. I need to pick blueberries every few days.


     We have been eating turnips, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini so far. There are many very large green Brandywine tomatoes that are developing so I'm looking forward to wonderful tomato sandwiches.


     When it gets too hot and I am exhausted, I don't usually have the energy to quilt. I did make 4 placemats as a housewarming gift for a niece. I shopped my stash, sewed strips, turned pillowcase style and did simple in the ditch quilting. I am tempted to stop here and say finished; however, I think they will look and last better with more quilting.

*Update*  I did go back and add more quilting.  I FMQ a different motif in each strip.

Stash fabric used or added the past week. Used: 4 yds Added: 0 yds

So far this year - Used: 52 yds Added: 5.5 yds

      This morning I will meet Joan to organize recently purchased fabric for backs and some gifted fabric for church quilt group. Our regular sew day will be Wednesday.  I also want to work on the eagle tablerunner.

Stay healthy and enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

1 comment: