Friday, June 11, 2021

Small Finishes

      We have had several days of rain so it's not the best time to work in the yard; however, it's a good time to get some sewing done. I finished the quilting and binding on a set of 4 patriotic placemats. I simply stitched in the ditch. I hope to make a matching table runner. 

    Then I pulled out an old class sample from about 12 years ago that has patriotic strings and finished it for a small table mat. The quilting is mostly FM. It is not my best quilting, but it is good enough for its purpose. Best of all it is finished and useful.

    No rain during the day yesterday so got out in the yard a bit. I had started a package of coleus seeds and the babies needed potting. I have already given away or planted 30. Yesterday I potted 65. I did try to choose the most interesting leaf color patterns first. 

 There are still more.

I'm linking up for Whoop, Whoop Friday and Finished (or Not) Friday.  

Stay healthy and enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

4 comments:

  1. Cute placemats! And what a neat runner. Perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those placemats are wonderful!! and!! perfect timing for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects. The coleus are also lovely! Seems like so many - what will you do with all of these??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a soft spot for Americana projects. Yours are SEW festive!

    ReplyDelete