Friday, May 28, 2021

Progress on This and That

      It may not be summer yet; however, I am on a summer schedule and have not been working on my goals.   I have been busy with family events and gardening. This week I finally have some sewing/quilting progress to share.

     Wednesday church quilt group met. We had enough churn dash blocks of various sizes completed to plan a layout. We decided to only add 3” blocks to fill in and then add a border to make it a good comfort quilt size. 


It was inspired by a quilt called "Bohemian Charm" in the February 2008 issue of "American Patchwork and Quilting". 

     We presented a quilt to Pastor John Cook who has been at my church 20 years and will leave on sabbatical in a few days.   We used the enlarged version of the "Have Faith" quilt. 


      My older granddaughter broke her leg and will be in a cast all summer. I made her a lounge pillow so she could be more comfortable sitting in bed. I made a couple years ago, but this pattern (McCalls 4123) is better even though more complicated. Here is the inner pillow stuffed.

The outer covering can be removed and washed. It has pockets on the arms for small items like a tv remote or cell phone.


      Last week I finished piecing another set of Colorworks blocks. This time in a rainbow setting. Here the blocks are laid out for piecing the quilt top.  The flame fabric was leftover from a quilt made about 13 years ago.


     My DIL enjoys decorating the house for holidays so I pieced 4 patriotic placemats for July. Hope to get them quilted in a few days. 


Keeping track of stash fabric- Used 2 yds for the inner pillow

                              and bought 2 yds to use for the outer pillow.

  Used about 2 ¾ yds for the patriotic placemats (including binding when quilted.


I'm linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday and Finished (or Not) Friday

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


2 comments:

  1. What a lot of projects keeping you busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of awesome projects - I really like how your Churn dash one is coming along! and the pillows - too cool - and what a great idea for recovery!! Enjoy the familY!

    ReplyDelete