Sunday, May 9, 2021

Hands2Help 2021 Check-In

      I have 2 finishes especially for the Hands2Help challenge and they have been mailed to organizations. 

      I was inspired by Covered in Love's “Winter Blues” block drive design and pulled all my green units to create what I call “Spring Greens”. I enjoyed playing with the squares and rectangles to create a variety of blocks. I added a scrappy border to pull all the blocks together.


FM swirls was quilted over all.


      Next I pieced a stacked squares rainbow design, used a soft flannel for the back and lofty polyester batting for a very snuggle worthy kids quilt for Little Lambs Foundation for Kids. This was truly a fast quilt-in-a day project.


      Seeing all the wonderful scrappy quilts is so inspiring that many more scrappy comfort quilts are on my project list.

 Thanks to Sarah for organizing the inspiration and sharing of comfort quilts.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Both of those are fabulous donation quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice charity quilts, they will both be much appreciated. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pretty quilts. I really love the one in green fabrics, my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete