Monday, May 10, 2021

Gardening and Goals

      Sewing took a backseat to spring gardening this past week. It was such beautiful weather and a perfect time to work outside before it gets too hot. I worked in flower beds as well as the vegetable garden most mornings. Here are a few blooms to enjoy.

I pruned this old dogwood (with help) hoping to save it.


     In the afternoon I did a little sewing. I made one mug rug and kept up with Pat Sloan's “Home Is” mystery. Only a few more weeks to go.  Two thirds pieced.  It has been a lot of fun.


The HSTs on my goals are for a UFO. Instead of making progress on a different UFO, I simply cut and sewed HSTs.

How I did last week-

1. Make progress on a UFO. Done. Only as part of goal 2.

2. Piece some HST blocks leader/ender. Done. As leader/ender while sewing the mug rug and making my “Home Is” block for the week.

3 Record stash fabric used or added. 0.25 used 0 added

4. Clean and organize a drawer. Not done

This week I have a couple of appointments that will keep me from sewing or gardening those days. Wednesday is sew day for church quilt ministry. We are working on scrappy churn dash blocks in multiple sizes. My goals during the summer will change as I hope to spend time with GDs.

Goals for week of May 10th -

1. Piece “Seeing Stars” top.

2. Piece blocks with some scraps/crumbs.

3 Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment