Friday, November 6, 2020

Busy Fall Week

     Here is one more Halloween photo. My granddaughters did not get to go Trick or Treating, however, GD Lily made sure her dolls got to go.


    I spent a few days this week and finished an “I Spy” quilt for a great-nephew's first birthday.


Instead of a binding, I used the pillowcase technique with a soft and minky fleece dot fabric for the backing.


     I finished 25 more Pocket Prayer Squares which my church group plans to share after Thanksgiving.  You can find more info about them from Shabby Fabrics or see my past post here


     I am enjoying my 4 colors of blooming cacti in my garden window. Sometimes they are called Christmas Cactus but mine don't bloom at Christmas. They set buds when they are outside for the summer.   When it turns cool and I bring them inside they fill with buds.


My African Violets are looking good along with them.


I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not Friday) so check out some of the beauties.

Hope you stay healthy and enjoy some sewing or quilting.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute I spy quilt. I like the finished edge too. Beautiful blooms to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great eye spy quilt!! and minkee .. oh I just love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a green thumb you have! My holiday cactus usually blooms this time of year. Not yet however. I call it a holiday cactus, because sometimes it blooms for Thanksgiving, sometimes at Christmas and it has even bloomed at Easter! 😊
    I love the layout of your I Spy quilt! I have so much novelty fabric, I really need to make an I Spy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute quilt finish for your great-nephew's birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable picture of your GD Lily and her dolls. Such a fun and colorful I spy quilt.

    ReplyDelete