Friday, October 30, 2020

Week of Finishes

      GD Lily is ready for Halloween however it works out. Here she is wearing the Harry Potter robe her big sister sewed a couple of years ago. 


She helped finish Dosi's s'more costume so she is ready also.


     As I was getting in my car, this owl was just sitting on the fence. He looked at me and then just turned away. When I showed my GD, she asked if he had a paper in his claws, thinking maybe he was from Hogwarts.


     I am putting the finishing touches on the binding and rod pocket for this wall-hanging.


The pattern called “Fall Memories” and kit are from Laundry Basket Quilts. It is all fusible applique except for adding the borders. My FMQ secured the appliques and I changed the top thread several times to match the applique piece. Here is a close-up of the quilting.


I love the applique motifs, especially the berries, and plan to use them again.

I'm linking up with Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday.

Hope you stay healthy and enjoy some sewing or quilting.

Happy Halloween  





5 comments:

  1. Love your wall hanging....great job with it. The owl would be a surprise. I think he was looking for the one in the Harry Potter robe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finish. Love the quilting! Cute GD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super lovely finish and the owl is just perfect for the Harry potter costume, LOL! The doggy is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Lily really believed that the owl brought her admission letter from Hoqwarts!!! The wall-hanging is lovely - I can almost smell the cinnamon spice cake in the oven :-) Have a Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That smore costume made me smile!!! Wow--that owl sighting!

    ReplyDelete