Friday, July 31, 2020

Bricks On-Point Finish

     Since it has been either stiflingly hot or wet from the most recent storm, I have spent more time in the house quilting. I finished this Bricks On-Point adult throw size quilt. 



I quilted a loopy meander in the center with dark gray thread. In the triangles I quilted an triangle motif inspired by an Angela Walters design and loopy wishbones (aka crazy eights) in the outer border.


Shopping only from my stash I chose a strip for the binding. This quilt will be a gift for someone.  While my craft table was clear I took the time to sandwich two smaller lap quilts that have been waiting.


       For the past week I have been watching a chrysalis after I discovered it on a daylily leaf near some parsley. Saturday morning I was lucky to see it soon after it had hatched. It was hanging for its wings to dry. 

 After checking on it for about half an hour, it moved and then about 10 minutes later I was excited to see it fly away. I believe it was a male Black Swallowtail.


Hope you are staying safe and healthy while enjoying some sewing or quilting in a cool space.

Linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday.  Hope you find it inspiring. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh, how lucky you were to be there and see that miracle! I guess I should check my daylily leaves once in awhile. Lovely quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bricks on point is so cool! I need to remember , not all scrappy quilts have to be squares and triangles! I like it a lot. How wonderful that you got to see the butterfly emerge and fly away! Isn’t nature grand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome finish!! I like how the bricks are different sizes! they are so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you used smaller scale blocks around the edge of your design. The added interest worked well!!

    ReplyDelete