Friday, July 17, 2020

Working with Scraps


     I have not done any quilting on my many waiting tops. I have mostly been working with scraps on my cutting table. I cut up what I could into 2 1/2” squares and 2 1/2” by 4 1/2” bricks for Bonnie Hunter's new leader/ender challenge block called “Easy Breezy”. My version finishes at 8”.  Here are some that got pieced. 


    I also pieced 3 “Chunky Churn Dash” blocks and one under my needle as the ender. Many block sets are cut and ready.


     The rest of my sewing time was used to make more masks. DIL requested more for the start of school.  I used the Sweet Red Poppy curved faced mask design in 4 sizes. The child size fit GD2 after a trial fitting with elastic cut 6”. The teen size was good for GD1. Made the adult size for DIL and I enlarged the adult size for my son. For adults I found it more comfortable to cut elastic at 5 1/2” .   Here are 2 days worth of mask sewing.



With Covid-19 cases on the rise here and around the country, please stay safe and healthy while enjoying some sewing or quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look good! Always fun to work on a classic.
    Mask making here too in the curved style. I picked up 10 yeards of new elastic that is lighter and more comfortable to improve the ones I made. But I hate wearing one....how will they get kids to wear one all day for school? Stay cool and safe.

    ReplyDelete