Friday, May 1, 2020

Making UFO Progress


     Another split 9 lap quilt is quilted. This one is a joint project. Several members of my church quilt group pieced the blocks. I pieced them together and quilted the top. Another member plans to add the binding when I can get it to her but there is no rush.

I quilted a swirl over the center and used a Laura Fritz motif in the border. 


     I pulled a small UFO and I'm finishing it as a wall-hanging or table topper.  It was planned to be donated for the small quilt auction of a guild quilt show that is not happening this year so I can take more time.  The bright Whig Rose was hand appliqued about 2009. I decided to add trapunto under the flowers.

It will show up more when the background is quilted. 

 I got inspired by this example from Patsy Thompson.  


In her Bluprint class “Ultimate Free-motion Feathers” she teaches 
 a variation of the motif she calls “plumify it”.  I am practicing on paper; however, I'm not yet comfortable enough to try on the small quilt. If I can get comfortable with it, I would like to use the motif as a background filler on the large border of my blue and white UFO. The border is the only part not yet quilted. I better get busy practicing.


I'm linking up with “Finished or Not Friday”
Please stay safe and healthy while doing something you enjoy or to help others.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful variety of projects! I've never tried trapunto - guess I need to make a nice applique project first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that whig rose is amazing! It will be so cool when it is all done! and your blue quilt - I really like that - of course - I love blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Whig rose piece is going to be so gorgeous! I love that you fattened up the flowers with trapunto :)

    ReplyDelete