Friday, May 29, 2020

Finished Placemats


      I am pleased this week to share some finished placemats that will be a gift. These 4 are finished 

and then 2 more are quilted and ready for binding plus here is a long runner pieced which at present is in the process of being quilted. 

In the runner I added a layer of heat resistant fleece under the batting and my quilting machine is having trouble with the layers and skipping stitches. I have changed needles which did not help so today I will try a larger needle.
     The free placemat pattern originally came from Angela Walters on season 5 of The Midnight Quilt Show. Her mats finish at 13” by 20” and I wanted mine 14” by 18” so I made some changes. I made more changes for the runner because it will be used on a long buffet so it will finish at 16” by 66”. I love the watercolor effect. I do see one strip I wish was in a different place but it is not getting moved.

     Our vegetable garden is looking good. Son John bought fancy containers and started our container garden on the patio. We are already reaping lots of zucchini and yellow squash. The tomatoes are filling out.

Then we decided to expand the garden to the ground. Looking forward to beans and onions as well as other vegetables.


     I took some sewing time to make 25 masks for my church child development center staff as they reopen.

I'm linking up with Alycia Quilts for Finishedor Not Friday. Check out what others are working on.

Stay safe and healthy while doing something you enjoy like sewing or quilting.


3 comments:

  1. The placemats look great. Love that they are busy....hides what I drop at dinner:)
    I only used the hear resistant stuff once....same problems as you. I found a bigger needle and a thinner thread worked but was not exactly what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place mats are really pretty! I should make some new ones. I’m not sure where you live but your patio garden looks good! I will get tomatoes planted today,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those placemats and the runner are so cool! What great happy fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete