Friday, May 22, 2020

UFO Progress


     I don't have a finished quilt top yet; however, I have finished a good pile of blocks from 2 projects. Last year I adopted a UFO from a guild member. This week I finished the 5 paper-pieced sunburst blocks.
The original pattern makes a wall-hanging. I would like to make a lap size quilt so need more neutral fabric. This project is on hold until I go out fabric shopping. I don't trust the fabric photos online and want to see the actual fabric to match beige tones.

     After some yard and garden work, I pulled out 8 unfinished half log string blocks from about 8 years ago. I added more strips to measure 12 1/2” and finish at 12”. Then I pieced 12 more blocks for a total of 20 (4 by 5 layout) which will make a lap size 48” by 60” quilt.
I would like to get them pieced into a top today; however, I have agreed to sew more fabric face masks and that will probably take priority.

I'm linking up with Whoop,Whoop Friday and Finished or Not Friday. Check out what others are working on.


Sewing and Quilting is a wonderful way to pass time while staying safe and healthy and doing something to help others.



5 comments:

  1. Love the log cabin blocks. The colors are bright, bold and make for a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to make half log string block into a quilt, yours is so colorful and happy! Good job,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you want to go to a fabric store in person to get just the right fabric to do justice to those lovely (and labor-intensive) sunbursts. The bright strings are so lively! Face masks are never-ending, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh that half log blocks is so colorful and cheery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE your Half Log Cabin Strings!!!

    ReplyDelete