Thursday, April 23, 2020

Project Progress


     Monday started with rain most of the morning so I raided my 4 1/2” strip tub to make a child's comfort quilt to finish 48” by 60”. I had just enough solid black. The top was pieced by mid-afternoon and I have pulled fabrics for the backing. I adapted a free pattern from Northcott designed by Kari Nichols and Patti Carey called “Color Works”.
     Tuesday I cleared my craft table and got busy sandwiching quilt tops for quilting. Since Wednesday was Earth Day they waited while I spent the morning working in the yard which is looking very good thanks to the help of my younger son. 

 In the afternoon the child's “Color Works” quilt got quilted and trimmed ready for binding. This quilt will be donated for Hands2Help 2020. I quilted a free-motion loopy meander in dark gray thread.  Not the smoothest but getting smoother. 
I plan a scrappy binding of bright colors. This went so fast I think I could pull more strips from my 4 1/2” tub and make another. I love how the bright bricks pop.

     The QOV “Stargazer” top has been sandwiched and quilting began during my rainy Thursday. 


Please stay safe and healthy while doing something you enjoy.

I'm linking up for Whoop, Whoop Friday and 
Finished or Not Friday.  Hope you check them out for inspiration and fun. 

6 comments:

  1. You side garden looks so good! I do love those iris colors. That is a great donation quilt. I like that you can use up a lot of bigger scraps in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both - The Star gazer is looking great. But your colorworks - oh boy is that bright and fun - a kid is TOTALLY going to LOVE that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love both your featured quilts! And your yard is looking pretty good too!
    I hope I can find the pattern or directions for the Color Works quilt! I have so many scraps of novelty fabric! Thanks for the idea and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your quilts look great! I just love the bright colors of the comfort quilt. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun quilts - I love how bright the first one is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your scrappy quilts are wonderful! The color works quilt looks so great with black, a perfect donation quilt that will be loved.

    ReplyDelete