Thursday, April 9, 2020

Masks and a H2H Quilt Finish


    Yesterday I finished 12 more masks that I was asked to make.

I am not a quick producer like some I have read about. I know some are needed, but it is not enjoyable sewing time for me. Today I needed some fun sewing time.

     From my stash of flannel I pulled some suitable for a baby and coordinates. Since flannel can be stretchy, I used a 1/2 inch seam allowance and sewed with my Walking Foot. It went together quickly and smoothly. I used a fluffy poly batting and instead of using binding I turned it pillowcase style. It is very soft and cuddly. This is one finish for Hands2HelpComfort Quilt Challenge and will go to Little Lambs foundation for kids. Follow the link for information on how you can participate and help.


    It has been beautiful weather here and since I am stuck at home, I thought it would be a great time to work in the yard. However, yard trash service has not been a priority during this quarantine time. Since a factory is temporarily shutdown, I am thankful to  have a son available to help in my yard. Wednesday he hauled piles of yard trash to the local collection center.

Please stay safe and healthy while doing something you enjoy or to help others.
Get inspired by the creative projects of others at Whoop Whoop Friday.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice masks, and such a nice little flannel quilt for a good cause! Good luck with the yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a lovely donation for Little Lambs!! I am torn between being a good citizen (mask making) and working on my UFO list while I have some extra time. The masks you make have some interesting finishing details. Which tutorial did you use?

    ReplyDelete