Friday, August 28, 2026

Just Another Project Added

      Early in the week I thought I would work mostly on my “Brightly” quilt top. I finished piecing all 20 of the blocks and here they are on my design wall. 


     However, instead of continuing on that, I started yet another project. I am pleased with all the finishes I have accomplished so far this year; however, I've started several new ones when I could have been working on UFOs.

     Wednesday at church quilt group we sandwiched 3 tops for quilting. I brought one home to quilt. We discussed making fall theme placemats in September for Meals on Wheels clients. Thursday I pieced a couple of pumpkin and leaf placemats as samples. I also typed up the cutting information to help get started. Here are 2 simple ideas for the pumpkins using only 2 ½ “ strips and squares.  


The leaf placemat is a little more complicated. I hope the group will be motivated to make a few by seeing the samples.

Stash Report for 2026

this past week - Used: 1.5 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year - Used: 86.37 yds Added: 10.375 yds
Net decrease 75.995 yds

I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished or Not Friday.

Have a great week and enjoy sewing, quilting and creating.


3 comments:

  1. Those three placemats are cute! I hope your group is inspired and that they stitch more! I hear you about starting new projects when there are UFOs as I started three projects last month! I figurer as long as I'm making progress, life is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the Brightly design and had it on my list to do for years. Yours is looking very lovely. I also love autumn and the placemats should be a real hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall inspired "new" projects. I'm also guilty of starting new things when I should be finishing up old things. But that's the creative process that works for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete