Monday, August 10, 2026

On the Design Wall

     Over the weekend I didn't have anything I wanted to work on, so I went to my UFO stash. I had a bag of yellow made-fabric from which I had cut 8 large diamonds. I pulled them and decided I would make them into a quilt. I have made several Lonestar and Lemoyne Star quilts but wanted to change it up a bit. I paper-pieced the spiked curves. Fabric samples are next to the star on the design wall so I can decide which gray blue fabric to use if I have enough for the next round or it may need to be scrappy since I only want to use my stash.


There is no pattern – all improv. I know I want it to finish at least as a small lap quilt and be a rectangle. It is already 43”.

Stash Report for 2026

this past week - Used: 0.66 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year - Used: 79.87 yds Added: 10.375 yds
Net decrease 69.495 yds

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday.  

I need some inspiration to clear out some scraps and I have a lot.  I also have many UFOs.

Have a great week and enjoy sewing, quilting and creating.


No comments:

Post a Comment