Friday, September 6, 2024

Working on Many Projects

    Not much sewing happened last week mostly because two of my sisters arrived Tuesday and we spent the week doing lots together. I did can 6 jars of jalapenos. Irene brought apples from her trees and we canned 16 pints of applesauce.

    A few years ago I adopted 3 cute “Little Doll Baby” heads dated 1985 by Martha Nelson Thomas. I sewed the body. Sister Irene loves to make art dolls and while she was here I had her help to sculpt the arms and legs to finish the body for this doll.


Now she needs a couple of cute outfits and she will be gifted to a little girl. Then I hope to finish the other 2.

    The “Foxes” is now a top. The orange sashing helps.  It will be cute for a child. 


I added borders to “Horse Fascination” for a complete top. The large print horse fabric is wonderfully highlighted in this pattern.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week - Used: 1.85 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year -Used: 83.805 yds Added: 35.125 yds
Net decrease 48.685 yds

     Yesterday I cleared off my craft table so it is ready for me to sandwich a couple of tops to be quilted.  Next week I hope to focus on quilting. 

I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday. 

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Three wonderful projects, plus guests and jalapeños and applesauce! You had a full week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great time with your sisters!!!
    THat horse quilt - that is GORGEOUS!!!!
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete