Monday, July 29, 2024

Finished Except for Binding

     Progress was made on a variety of projects and that feels great.  My “Pinwheel Flowers” top waited for a while to be quilted. I am counting this as a finish since the binding is made and just needs to be sewn on. Here is my “Pinwheel Flowers” quilt.

My inspiration came from the “City Girl” quilt by Svanhild Schmidt-Havstad in the Dec/Jan 2009 “Quilters Newsletter” magazine.

The challenge was being consistent in making the triangle in a square units and I got more precise as I went.

      When I was asked to make the “Ribbons and Pinwheels” quilt that I recently finished, I was just sent a photo and did not know from where the pattern came. Last week I found out it was a free pattern from Robert Kaufman. You can find the pattern here.

 It was designed by Darlene Zimmerman and named “Buttons and Bows”.

      Other sewing projects got some attention. I used some stash to cut sashing and cornerstones for a comfort quilt. I used stash to make border corner quarter-square triangle units and border strips to move a scrappy improv UFO to a finished top.

I also finished 3 placemats that will go to Meals on Wheels clients in the fall. They are fast and easy when I have a great specialty print fabric.

Quilting is in progress on a charity/comfort quilt.  In addition to sewing I put lots of pears in the freezer. Hope you can tell how huge many of the pears were.


Hopefully next week will see another quilting finish.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week - Used:    1.75 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year -Used: 74.455 yds Added: 34.375 yds
Net decrease      40.08 yds

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment