Friday, July 5, 2024

Two Finishes

     It has been too hot to work outside so I have spent several days quilting and it feels great to have 2 finishes. First, the “Ribbons and Pinwheels” is finished and ready to be gifted.


It began as I was sent a photo of a quilt from Pinterest and asked if I could make one like it. I found the free ribbon (bow) block and used EQ to plan the alternate pinwheel blocks and the rest of the quilt. Almost all of the fabric came from my stash.  

I quilted a FM meander in the center and swirls in the outer border. I think it turned out lovely for a little girl.

    Second finish is a comfort quilt for church. I adapted the “It's A Snap” pattern from Fabric Cafe to use a little more than 3 yards of fabric for a little larger quilt to finish at 48 by 66”.


I quilted a FM meander in portions and a dot to dot motif in the dark green blocks. I quilted FM swirls in the border. Another member will sew on the binding.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week - Used: 3.33 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year -Used: 70.205 yds Added: 30.875 yds
Net decrease 39.33 yds

     Another UFO is sandwiched and already being quilted.  I will be helping at Vacation Bible School this coming week; however, I hope to have some quilting time in the late afternoons if I'm not too tired from the fun.

Hope you are enjoying the July 4th weekend.


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Both quilts are fabulous! Congrats on the finishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i LOVE how ribbons and pinwheels turned out - its amazing
    and yay for the second one too!!!

    ReplyDelete