Monday, June 3, 2024

Tiny Pinwheels and Gardening

      Last week I again split my time with many mornings in the garden and afternoons piecing tiny pinwheels. I finished 16 each of green and blue pinwheels and sewed them into units.


I have pieced enough now that I have a system so they are getting quicker to piece. Sunday afternoon I pieced 16 light blue.

I still need 16 each of 5 different colors to complete the alternate block for the bows quilt top.  If you haven't seen, this is my EQ plan. 

    Friday I wanted something different to sew and made 2 quick placemats for Wheels on Wheels clients. My pattern was inspired by Pat Sloan's “Oh My Stars” pattern which I have used a few times. Since I wanted the placemats to finish about 14” by 18”, the squares finish at 3 ½ “. They went together quickly and I love how they look so plan to make more.

     I am disappointed that I did not make time to quilt on projects that are sandwiched and waiting. Vegetables just will not wait. Soon it will be too hot and the garden will slow down.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 3.25 yds Added: 2 yds
So far this year-Used: 59.735 yds Added: 23.125 yds
Net decrease 36.61 yds

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

The only mistake is the one from which you don't learn.” - Henry Ford

1 comment:

  1. Your Pin wheels are coming along nicely - that will be a great quilt!
    and your placemats - those are Awesome!! they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete