Monday, June 10, 2024

A Finish and More Tiny Pinwheels

    The past week I made good progress on the tiny pinwheels but I'm getting tired of making them. I pieced a set of 16 yellow pinwheels and pieced the 64 HSTs that will be the 16 pink pinwheels. I only need to make sets of light purple and light pink.

     When I was ready for a break from sewing pinwheels, I quilted an Illusion block I Spy quilt and have it ready for Joan to bind. For the quilting I did a simple meander.

I also spent a couple of hours quilting another comfort quilt for church but it is not finished.

    I am almost finished going through boxes of fabric that was shared by a couple of quilters. I'm passing a box of Christmas fabric on to my sister's NC guild as well as a bunch of precuts from MaryAnn's stash. I will be taking a box of fabric to my church quilt group as well as a couple of MaryAnn's UFOs. Even though I have many UFOs of my own, I could not resist adopting a few of MaryAnn's UFOs. I added to my stash some wonderful large pieces of white on white from MaryAnn. I have an idea for which I will need a large chunk. Since I was adding to my stash, I reviewed some fabric pieces and pulled a few yards to be donated.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 3 yds Added: 7.75 yds
So far this year-Used: 62.735 yds Added: 30.875 yds
Net decrease 31.86 yds

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

The only mistake is the one from which you don't learn.” - Henry Ford


No comments:

Post a Comment