Friday, June 21, 2024

Getting Close

     I missed my usual Monday post because I did not have much to share. Last week I only had 2 afternoons to sew. I made some progress on mini pinwheel units but that was it. I spent most of the week with my sister Irene in the mountains and enjoyed it. The weather was a wonderful change from hot Columbia, SC. I took a box of fabric for her guild but no other change in my stash to report.

      I had hopes for sewing and quilting this week. It is so hot and dry here that I have to water to keep the garden alive and other yard work needs to happen when it is cool enough to work outside. I am excited that with my afternoon sewing time I am so close to finishing all the blocks for the bows and pinwheel quilt. These are the last 64 1 inch finished HSTs


that became the last 16 pinwheel units

so that I can finish these 16 blocks.

I am very happy and look forward to sewing the top together soon.

I'm linking with Alycia's Finished or Not Friday. Hope to check out what others are working on.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

The only mistake is the one from which you don't learn.” - Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and your sister had a lovely time in the mountains away from the heat. 1" finished HST's are tiny! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are getting close!! glad you got to get up to the mountain and have some cool time!!! And water.... oh my right? The heat just zaps that moisture!

    ReplyDelete