Monday, May 27, 2024

Gardening and Sewing

      Most of my mornings have been spent in the garden until it gets too hot. Then I rest, cool off and sew. Last week was spent about the same way most days. This photo shows my haul of green beans in one picking. Some were enjoyed for dinner Sunday.

     I made good progress on the bow and pinwheel quilt top. I have 18 bow blocks sewn after I remade 4 with darker fabric. As I look at them on my design wall, it looks like I still need to remake one more. I was hoping I could get by with one light green but have decided no.


I plan to get busy this week on piecing the small pinwheel alternate blocks for the quilt.

     I received another donation of fabric from a friend who has given up quilting. Therefore some of my sewing time was spent sorting and deciding to whom to donate which fabric. That motivated me to pull 2 charm packs plus a mini charm pack from my stash and create a comfort quilt kit. That also meant planning in EQ and printing a layout of blocks.

    Sandwiched quilts are still waiting for quilting and they may wait another week as I would really like to finish up other projects and the vegetable garden will not wait.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week-   Used: 3.5 yds    Added: 1 yd
So far this year-Used: 56.485 yds Added: 21.125 yds
      Net decrease 35.36 yds

For Memorial Day today let us remember those who gave their lives for our freedom.  I take a moment to remember and honor them.


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

The only mistake is the one from which you don't learn.” - Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment